Tuesday, June 21, 2011

People

The two people we've been working with has been the photographer and minister.

We got the photographer first, and she is too great. Her name is Crystal Heis. Crystal and my mother are mutual friends with a co-worker at the UK library, which is how we got in contact with her. She used to work with Holifield Photography, and has since then branched out to do her own thing with photography, and works in one of the libraries on campus.


When I looked through her work the first time, I fell in love. Something about her eye, her perspectives, are so beautiful and unique. I wanted her, haha. We first met with her on location, so she could check out the Limestone Club. She is a character! We chatted for a good while, swapped stories, and just chilled before getting down to business.

For the minister, we had to browse around a bit more. Neither Michael or I are a part of a church, so we were quite unfamiliar with our options. We ended up finding Rev. Cynthia P. Cain of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Lexington. The Unitarians are very open in their beliefs, and as far as wedding ceremonies, will essentially sit down with the bride and groom and figure out what they want to get out of the service and do it. Sounded like a perfect fit. So I shot her an email.

For a little while, it seemed like this was going to fall through. When Cynthia got back to me, she informed me that there was a chance she'd be unable to do the ceremony. She's apparently going to be away on sabbatical around the time, but didn't have her schedule yet, so she had to get back to me.

Luckily, she did, and it's going to work out. She'll be free and in town that weekend. Wonderful! She sent us her fee letter, and hopefully we'll have a meeting arranged soon. :)

1 comment:

  1. w00ts! UU Rev. - AWESOME choice ;) Of course I am totally unbiased... Glad she worked out for you!!

    ReplyDelete